Saturday, April 14, 2007

Chateau Ste. Michelle, Indian Wells Merlot, 2003

I really like this wine. The aroma is wonderful upon corking. The color is deep purple, somewhat indicative of a dry wine. There is some sediment at the bottom of the bottle, but this isn't uncomon and in fact is normal in a Ste. Michelle wine (at least the ones that I have encountered so far). This wine is lighter than a cabernet, although it drinks like a cab. Good with hearty pasta dishes, grilled steak and chili. Defintely one to purchase again.

I haven't found any other wines from Washington, but if there are others like this one then I will be spending more money on Washington wines. Typically I am a fan of Napa and Sonoma wines (for Merlot and Cab) and the Willamette Valley (Oregon) for Pinto Noir. I haven't ventured into the whites much, as I am not a big fan of white wines.

No comments: