Sunday, February 17, 2008

Rubicon Estates 2005 Captain's Reserve Zinfandel

This vintage was included in my Captain's Reserve club shipment. Unfortunately, only one bottle was sent. Fret not, for I know where to find more.



I was really expecting this wine to be a peppery zinfandel. Much to my surprise it is quite mellow, almost like a merlot. Purple and quite dark with an aroma of berries and dark fruit. As I mentioned this is a mellow zin, but with enough structure to support pairing with heavier meals such as steak or chili. This would also go very well with pizza.

I think that this winery is really good. I would highly recommend anything from Rubicon Estates. I am planning on visiting the winery in the near future. I can't wait to see it.

Questions or comments? I can be found at thewinedoctor@yahoo.com.

No comments: