Monday, March 3, 2008

Bedford Road Estate 2006 Pinot Noir

While I am more of a syrah and cabernet sauvignon fan, I wanted to try a different vintage. I purchased this bottle at a local wine store as part of a wine package around Christmas. This wine is from the Marlborough region of New Zealand, another region that was yet unexplored by myself. To date I have found that the Willamette region of Oregon produces some of the best pinot noir.



This pinot is very light in color with a strawberry aroma. The alcohol seems to be very pronounced which is surprising for such a light wine. In fact, the color of this pinot is so light that it almost appears pink. I would pair this wine with chicken or light pasta, but nothing too heavy. This pinot would likely be good for sipping at a social gathering.

Questions or comments? I can be found at thewinedoctor@yahoo.com.

No comments: